STRATEGIC FORESIGHT CONCEPTS
Strategic Foresight Provides the Capacity to:
- Anticipate the effects of change and make informed decisions toward a preferred future.
- Anticipate disruptors so you can lead change, not follow it!
- Identify plausible futures and consider several alternative futures?
- Create scenarios that guide smart decisions.
You’ll learn to identify developments in society, technology, the economy, the environment, politics and demographics – to assess the impact on your organization of the most plausible futures. You’ll see key drivers of change and where they are pointing, and then plan effective, proactive movement in the best direction. Don’t react – influence!
Six Key Tools
- Scan for changing trends, events and choices.
- Organize the trends into STEEP: Society, Technology, Economics, Environment and Politics.
- Analyze them: find connections and assess potential impacts.
- Create plausible scenarios Transformation, Continued Growth, Disciplined Constraint and Decline/Collapse.
- Envision and plan a path from to ten years from now.
- Act to implement the plan and monitor movement toward the future.
Join our workshops led by academically trained and nationally known expert, Garry Golden. We’re building a critical mass of foresight knowledge throughout the Greater Green Bay community, supported by Envision’s Foresight Network of workshop alumni.
Signals Teams Develop Foresight Content
Our Signals Teams scan for signals and organize trends, events, and choices around firve broad factors that impact our future as a Community of Choice:
- Economic Opportunity
- Health, Connectedness, and Inclusivity
- Upward Mobility
- Housing and Safety
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation
The ultimate goal is to help our community understand its future through observations that initiate discussion, assess implications and build scenarios.
Strategic Foresight Outcomes
Our goal is to inspire and engage the community:
- Develop focused community discussions
- Share signals of change through our publications
- Invite national experts to Green Bay to broaden our perspective
As Strategic Foresight is embedded in local business, government, education, and nonprofit organizations, we’ll see organizations of every type infuse Strategic Foresight methods into their planning processes and ultimately share findings and insights with each other. Our ultimate goal is informed, collaborative decisions moving Green Bay toward distinction as a community of choice.
ENVISION GREATER GREEN BAY, INC.
PO Box 625
Green Bay WI 54305
112 N Adams St
Green Bay WI 54301